9/14/2006 06:57:00 AM

(0) Comments

There is light at the end of the tunnel

Looking at the home stretch, and should be home soon!

First of all, thanks to so many who sent their regards. A couple of you asked specific questions, which I'll address when time allows for more thorough post. But for now let me thank you all; every word of encouragement means a lot to me.

Briefly, I'm in a position to post a few thoughts from time to time, via my wife and this fauxnewschannel-blogspot hybrid. Should be able to do so for awhile, and by October I hope to be back, and fully into my usual fauxnewschannel.com format.

Got a few pics to post, and a story about Senator Lindsey Graham (met him - he's a moron... as if that's any surprise to you), and even spent some quality time in Doha, Kuwait, and Bahrain.

Thinking about buying a Hooka...

Did you know that on some DoD installations in the Mid East, you can buy a Hooka? "What's a 'Hooka'?" you ask? Why it's a Bong, of course.


As in, "I wonder what that man is smoking from that enormous Hooka."

You got it. The same thing Tommy Chong went to prison for selling -- Bongs -- are legal, and for sale at any number of BX, PX, NEX, or MCX's currently operating in CENTCOM.

Incidentally, what the locals smoke from these Hookas is a largely innocuous concotion of fruits, spices, molasses, and tobacco, and generally comes in cute American-style brand-name packages, each containing a dozen or so, individually wrapped-in-plastic, Hashish-looking cubes.

Most of these pre-packaged fruit/tobacco cubes come from Egypt, and contain such a low percentage of actual tobacco that they're more a novelty than anything else. If you want a good old dose of tobacco, stick with cigarettes or snuff. The Hookas will just give you a headache.

Anyway, like I said, I'm back in computer territory, and will be able to post a few more times before wrapping things up here. Ciao.
0 Responses to "There is light at the end of the tunnel"